II) HTML This part goes into the place you want the spoiler to appear -into a widget if you want to it in the sidebar or into your post HTML if you want to hide a part of a post: -->

Tuesday 14 June 2016

SA woman fined over 'monkey' comments apologises


A white South African woman who was recently found guilty of hate speech after an online rant in which she complained black people were "monkeys" has been speaking following the ruling.

Penny Sparrow, who was fined 150,000 rand ($9,800; £7000), made the comments after she claimed New Year's party goers were littering a beach in Durban.
She told South Africa's News24undefined news site that said she wasn't racist and that her post had been misconstrued and that she never meant any offence:
“I said the things I said were read wrong. I know I mentioned monkeys and I know I said the majority was black on black but there was a mix of people.

I didn’t mean to insult anyone and it was just an expression I used.

I'm not a nasty person‚ I’m not an ugly person. I was born in East Africa‚ where my first language was a black language. I was brought up with black people. I find them to be wonderful people.”

News24undefined



0 comments: