II) HTML This part goes into the place you want the spoiler to appear -into a widget if you want to it in the sidebar or into your post HTML if you want to hide a part of a post: -->

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Nigerian disability activist speaks out on how she's challenged perceptions


The UN is this week hosting a two-day event on how to eliminate poverty and inequality for people with disabilities and promote their rights.
BBC Africa has been talking to people with disabilities to find out how their lives are affected.

Grace Jerry is a Nigerian recording artist and disability rights advocate. She was paralysed after an accident in 2002: 
"But today I am full of confidence, life and joy," she says."I have grown beyond my society's definition of disability to become an advocate for an inclusive world and to demand change in our laws and programmes in Nigeria. 

"Music took on a whole new dimension for me after the accident. Last year I performed my song, E Go Happen with 500 young Africans participating in the Mandela Washington Fellowship in America."
BBC AFRICA

0 comments: